Payment & Insurance
As part of the Affordable Care Act, acupuncture in the state of California is an essential benefit that is covered by all state-issued health care plans. Acupuncture is not currently covered under Medicare. Please contact your insurance company for information on the details of your plan’s coverage.
We provide insurance billing for acupuncture as a complimentary service to our patients. For patients who prefer to bill insurance themselves, a Super Bill will be provided.
- Insurance coverage is based on your health plan and your claim may be subject to deductibles, co-pays, co-insurances, and/or other plan limitations.
- Herbal medicine is not covered under insurance.
- TCM modalities other than acupuncture are not covered under insurance.
- Lab tests may or may not be covered by your insurance, depending on your policy. Although we will do our best to explain the charges for any lab tests that have been ordered, we are not able to guarantee reimbursements from your insurance carrier.
If you would like Shen Ming Health to bill your insurance company, please provide your insurance information to our office prior to your first visit by telephone (310-545-5588) or email (email@example.com) so that we can determine your eligibility and coverage.
- Your name
- Date of Birth
- Subscriber’s name and Date of Birth
- Insurance Company
- ID number
- Group number
- Insurance company telephone number
Please bring your insurance card with you at your first visit.
Payment is due at the time of service for the portion of your office visit that is not billable to insurance. For patients without insurance or who bill insurance on their own with a Super Bill, the total office visit fee is due in full at the time of service. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and personal checks.